PR and communications manager
Goodfellow Communications is looking for a new account manager to join our team in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with communications skills working in the architecture and built environment sector. You will be joining our team in an extremely varied and fulfilling role that offers plenty of skills and career development, alongside lots of autonomy and support.
Goodfellow Communications is a leading PR and communications agency specialising in architecture and the built environment. Our clients represent some of the most interesting practices and organisations in the architecture and property industry in the UK today, with projects of all types across the country and around the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic PR and communications account manager to join our small and friendly team. You may already be working in a communications role and looking for a new challenge, or you may be a Part 1 or Part 2 with an aptitude for communications and a desire to develop your career in a new way. Either way, we’d love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be working with us to help our clients raise their profiles through print, digital, broadcast, social media, awards and events. Working as a key part of our team, the chosen applicant will work hand in hand with clients as projects move from conception to completion and beyond, gaining an understanding of their work and developing unique communication strategies specific to each project.
Key tasks in this interesting and varied role will include:
- Liaising with clients, project partners and other stakeholders to devise, prepare and execute public relations strategies
- Working with clients, project partners and other stakeholders to prepare public relations material
- Liaising with journalists to pitch projects for publication and negotiate coverage
- Advising clients on social media content development across a number of social media platforms, and preparing material for social media where necessary
- Preparing awards submissions on behalf of clients and liaising with awards organisers on submissions, awards visits, presentations etc.
- Managing events on behalf of clients: duties will include liaising with clients to devise and deliver successful events from small-scale briefings to project launches
- Preparing graphic and web material, including preparation of awards entries, marketing collateral and web copywriting
- Preparing digital marketing material on behalf of clients e.g. electronic direct mail, newsletters
- Working alongside team colleagues to undertake office administration tasks
Skills and experience
- Professional experience of PR and/or marketing, ideally in an architecture, property or cultural context
- Sound knowledge of and interest in architecture, property and their broader cultural context
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills: an ability to work well independently or in a team, and an ability to manage multiple demands, targets, tasks and clients
- Strong IT skills: proficient in Microsoft Office preferably with experience of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid graphic design skills
- Enthusiasm, resilience, attention to detail and dependability
- An enthusiasm for networking and the culture of architecture
- Event management experience
- Experience of web publishing
- In depth social media knowledge
Starting as quickly as possible, this role is based primarily at our central London office and we offer flexible working conditions. You will be expected to travel regularly to meet clients at their practices or to visit projects on site. There may be occasional requirements to work antisocial hours e.g. evening or early morning events.
Goodfellow Communications is an equal opportunities employer. We would love to receive applications from underrepresented groups in the sector and from people of all backgrounds.
To apply please send a CV and concise cover letter outlining your experience, current salary and notice period (if applicable) to email@example.com by 15 July 2022.